Toshka Sol

Stitching life and fiber into tales.........
11/29/2006
fiber frenzy
I took a first spin on my new wheel the other day. Thanks to Mary (my Lendrum DT) and my uncoordinated feet and hands, I managed to make a fabulous twisted mess.
For your viewing pleasure:



At first, I could not get the yarn to wind onto the bobbin. So of course, the fiber ended up getting spun, double spun and triple spun unto itself. After undoing this and starting my second attempt, I managed to get the fiber wound onto the bobbin, but could not get any twist at all. So all I had was broken, half twisted fiber messed around the bobbin. With all this frustration, I decided to just walk away before I ended up kicking and screaming at poor Mary. It wasn't Mary's fault by any means, but my own for not reading my book first before attempting to spin. I was just impatient and figured I could just hop right on and spin gold. My third attempt (after my break) yielded some results...the fiber was twisting, the wheel was turning in the right direction, and the yarn was winding onto the bobbin. It felt great and it was hard to stop. But once I looked at my great production, I had to laugh, because I know this is not the way the yarn is supposed to look. For some reason, it looks like little twisty worms invaded my yarn and decided to call it their habitat. My guess is that I was either treadling to fast, or not drafting properly. I hope my next attempt will bring better results.


On the knitting front, I am scrambling to make headway on all the x-mas gifts I had decided to knit up with love for family and friends. I can't help but glance at the calender and think, "crap, I don't think I could possibly finish all of these...not unless I quit my day job and knit until my fingers fall off" But at least my day job allows me to have some knitting time. Piece of advice: Teach your boss how to knit. Knitting is funner, and goes faster, when you have someone to knit with.
Unfortunately, I cannot share these projects with you, as the victims of my gifted knits all read this blog. (sorry guys!)


Lime and Violet have a new Podcast out. Episode 19: Holiday Mathtacular. Go check it out at www.limenviolet.com
posted by toshka sol @ 10:08 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

© 2006 Toshka Sol | Blogger Templates by Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without permission.

 
 

About Me


Name: toshka sol
Home: Canada
About Me:
See my complete profile

Previous Post
Archives
Links
Misc Goodies

make money online blogger templates