Toshka Sol

Stitching life and fiber into tales.........
11/20/2006

Look what I got today in the mail.
Alden Amos Big Book of Handspinning. This book has absolutely everything in it that has to do with spinning. I just took a quick flip through the book, as I had to finish cleaning house, but I will definitely cuddle up with it on the couch this evening. I hope this book will get me starting in learning how to use my new wheel (yes, Mary).
I have also cast on for a new project yesterday. It is the Everyday Tweed Sweater which can be found at www.thegarterbelt.com
I am using Jo Sharp Silkroad DK Tweed in a dark chocolate brown color. I can say that this yarn is sure soft and is knitting up very nicely. Hopefully this sweater will turn out better than my last knitted sweater disaster.
I have started a knit-a-long on my message boards, which can be found at www.solstitch.net
Please post if you would like to join me in knitting up the Everyday Tweed.
I have also listed a new charity which can also be found at my shop site. Hats off for cancer is a charity that accepts donations of cool, bright and funky hats. They then distribute these hats to children suffering from cancer and to various hospitals, cancer clinics and camps.
If you are interested in donating hats please check out the link on my site for more information.
In other news, I have received a shipment of Brittany needles straights and they are available for purchase at my site as well.
Happy needling, hooking, twisting, and spinning!


, , , ,
posted by toshka sol @ 2:04 PM  
1 Comments:
  • At 3:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thanks for adding Hats Off For Cancer to your charity list. I began the charity in 1996 and expanded it to Canada a few years later through the help of Jan Liptok in Canada! If anyone wants to donate in the US, they can go to http://www.hatsoffforcancer.org

    Thanks again for helping!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

© 2006 Toshka Sol | Blogger Templates by Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without permission.

 
 

About Me


Name: toshka sol
Home: Canada
About Me:
See my complete profile

Previous Post
Archives
Links
Misc Goodies

make money online blogger templates